Spirulina is 100 % natural product, highly digestible (up to 95 %), containing a large spectrum of nutrients rendering it a complete food. A large number of studies from independent researchers show that Spirulina is rich in:
- Protein: 55-70 % of dry mater, of high quality protein rich in essential Amino Acids (Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine)
- Vitamins: a large spectrum mainly of B12 and pro-vitamin A (b-carotene); vitamins of the water soluble B complex (B1 or thyamine, B2 or riboflavin, B3 or niacin, B6, as well as the fat soluble vitamin E
- Essential Lipids :: especially the polyunsaturated fatty acids gama-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA), and sulpholipids
- Metals/Trace Elements: : Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Zink, Magnesium, Copper, Chromium, Selenium
- Α Antioxidants: ς phycocyanin, carotenoids, xanthophylls, etc.
- Functional polysaccharides containing sulphu.